Brian Lee
Puritan Board Freshman
Have been struck while reading James 4:6-10, specifically on verse 9: “Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom.” How am I to apply this- as the letter was written to believers, so I’m understanding the v6-10 portion specifically driven towards those who have slipped off the path a bit? And are desirous to correct their way? In lieu of this (if I’m understanding correctly at all), verse 9 is to mean to practically remove pleasantries and turn to being miserable with morning and weeping = mourning over sin? To mourn, is that a General sorrow, with actual crying being indicative of true sorrow? Can one be sorrowful without tears? Obviously yes I think- at this point I’m writing as my thoughts come. I guess to distill what I’m saying- is how to practically apply verse 9?
I did a general search on the passage within PB, wasn’t able to find much
I did a general search on the passage within PB, wasn’t able to find much