Rev. Mohler in Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading a secular sports-based foruml this morning, and someone had mentioned this story in one of the political off-shoot threads. They pointed out the absurdity of the "pro-choice" crowd getting offended or upset by Mohler's stance; apparently, its alright to slaughter these biological lumps and throw them out with the trash, but not alright to tinker with their genetics.

I know the article touched on that correlation a couple times, but I was thinking so much about culpability that I didn't really look at it from that angle.

But it does show the irrationality of sin; a crime of all crimes to mess with genes that might make a baby heterosexual, but perfectly acceptable and amoral to take that same lump of cells and give it to Molech.
 
Dr Mohler's blogs on homosexuality

Here's the Dr. Mohler's blog.

http://www.albertmohler.com

He clarified some statements of his. He was surprised that his statements aroused as much media attention as they did.

You can read the articles for themselves as they are not too long. I, too, misunderstood what he was saying. I had read the article and believed he advocated hormonal therapy should homosexuality be found to be influenced by genetics. I strongly disapproved of that thinking as I saw it to be a form of refined Nazism (man's attempt at creating a sinless man) man playing God in a testtube - a sort of Frankensteinian attempt at creating a moral man.

In short, I am sure he regrets poor wording, lack of clarity, and the resultant misunderstandings which provoked ire and hatred so that even a student of his believed he made a gross mistake in judgment.

God continue to sanctify him as he influences many a thousand.
 
Thanks for the link to his updated and clarified thoughts.

I wonder if Mohler really realizes what a powerful position God had put him in?
 
I know what you meant, Chris

Dr. Mohler is a sober young man (young by many standards). We have to remember he became the president of the flagship SBC seminary while in his early thirties and stayed more flint-faced in ousting tenured professors here than I could ever be. By the Lord's grace, he was used to reclaim Biblical inerrancy in a major denomination, refused to approve women in the pulpit, removed psychology classes and replacing it with Biblical counseling (to the irritation of all those about to get their degree for secular work), hired a creationist to head its new science division, and forced the profs to wear slacks and jackets to-boot! He continues to do more here internally and if God keeps him alive, more purity here should result (please pray it occur)

If he obviously slips up, he's got many a people that will enjoy correcting him. This may have been a reminder from our Maker via the church and society to be more careful in the wording and thoughts he posts. That said, if I ever become a public figure, please erase all of my posts.

To God be the glory.
 
"3. Given the consequences of the Fall and the effects of human sin, we should not be surprised that such a causation or link is found. After all, the human genetic structure, along with every other aspect of creation, shows the pernicious effects of the Fall and of God's judgment."

This has definitely given me much to think/ talk about. Until reading this, I've always just assumed that it was totally a choice and that it is the only Biblical option. I am so relieved in a sense to read all of your posts and think about it in this way. In a sense, I think I am now more able to serve and help those who struggle with homosexuality than I ever have been before just by this simple distinction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top