Seminary Survival Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd get her the entire series of a TV show on DVD. Maybe that's too worldly, but I found it helpful to have ready-to-go TV shows for study breaks so I wasn't surfing the net or wasting time flipping channels. Star Trek, The X-Files, The West Wing, Firefly, Lost, The Office, etc. etc. (yes, Gilmore Girls if you want) were helpful. I know, completely unspiritual - but if you're going to relax, it's helpful to have a controlled relaxing environment.

I'd get her the entire series of a TV show on DVD. Maybe that's too worldly, but I found it helpful to have ready-to-go TV shows for study breaks so I wasn't surfing the net or wasting time flipping channels. Star Trek, The X-Files, The West Wing, Firefly, Lost, The Office, etc. etc. (yes, Gilmore Girls if you want) were helpful. I know, completely unspiritual - but if you're going to relax, it's helpful to have a controlled relaxing environment.

:think: this actually isn't a bad idea... I like it.

:think: this actually isn't a bad idea... I like it.

Good idea!

*sits here and takes some notes as the suggestions keep coming*

Hey, I'm a future seminarian...you guys are saving me the effort of throwing a temper tantrum for wishing I had "such-and-such". :)

I will add two things. Depending on which seminary, a set of good ear plugs if Arminianism is taught. Also, an R.L. Allan bible. They will never want to put it down! LOL

Probably wouldn't fit in a box, but I found this one that looks pretty nice (and appears to be able to handle seminary books) :D

Amazon.com: IHD-105 Transparent / Clear Book Stand (Bookstand / Bookstands / Holder / Cookbook / Music): Office Products

EDIT:

A good reading chair?

Actually the VIS-Ed cards & dry erase are a must. I would get her a few of the 300 count cards. If you buy her cards DO NOT buy her the 100count cards. Visual Education's Selection of Blank Card Sets

What makes these cards different than the standard 100-count blank index cards you can find at practically any store?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back