So... Cold... Hurts... To.... Breathe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
Once again I'm up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm about to depart to an even more remote and isolated location in order to lead a marriage retreat for these poor souls who are stationed here. I went out side to get in my car... -26. It sucked the air from my lungs. It was horrible. Horrible.

At least I know what it will feel like if the sun goes out.
 
Wow, that sounds terrible!!!! I have never experienced that type of cold. May the Lord bless and protect you all.
 
Ah. Good old -26! That's some good refreshing winter weather there! Although pretty mild for Alaska i bet. Here in Alberta, we are just waiting for our -35 days (-48 with the windchill). Take it in, take it all in. ;)
 
Ah. Good old -26! That's some good refreshing winter weather there! Although pretty mild for Alaska i bet. Here in Alberta, we are just waiting for our -35 days (-48 with the windchill). Take it in, take it all in. ;)

Some of my family lives in Alberta and my sister and her husband just moved from there to Okotoks Alberta! :)
 
Man UP! :) Get some of those heat things you stick in your gloves and boots. Put them near your kidneys too.
 
Bah, even in balmy Montana, when it warmed up to 26 below, we took off our coats and just wore flannel shirts.

I'll grant that 50 below is kind of cold.
 
"Mr. Horse, what do you think about the cold?"

"Hmmmmmmm...
Nope, I don't like it."

(Borrowed from Ren & Stimpy)
 
Last edited:
Once again I'm up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm about to depart to an even more remote and isolated location in order to lead a marriage retreat for these poor souls who are stationed here. I went out side to get in my car... -26. It sucked the air from my lungs. It was horrible. Horrible.

At least I know what it will feel like if the sun goes out.

Ben,

I'd tell you to suck it up but that's the problem, isn't it?
 
Once again I'm up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm about to depart to an even more remote and isolated location in order to lead a marriage retreat for these poor souls who are stationed here. I went out side to get in my car... -26. It sucked the air from my lungs. It was horrible. Horrible.

At least I know what it will feel like if the sun goes out.

Ben,

I'd tell you to suck it up but that's the problem, isn't it?

:rofl:

When it hits -40F and colder sucking it up is even worse. So at least he's got something to look forward to.
 
Once again I'm up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm about to depart to an even more remote and isolated location in order to lead a marriage retreat for these poor souls who are stationed here. I went out side to get in my car... -26. It sucked the air from my lungs. It was horrible. Horrible.

At least I know what it will feel like if the sun goes out.

Ben,

I'd tell you to suck it up but that's the problem, isn't it?

Hahahahahaha
 
Once again I'm up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm about to depart to an even more remote and isolated location in order to lead a marriage retreat for these poor souls who are stationed here. I went out side to get in my car... -26. It sucked the air from my lungs. It was horrible. Horrible.

At least I know what it will feel like if the sun goes out.

Ben,

I'd tell you to suck it up but that's the problem, isn't it?

Rich, I laughed so hard that I spilled coffee on my shirt.
Thanks!
 
Ben,
That has to be a body-shocker....weren't you in Maryland before Wasilla? Next assignment= the Congo....
 
When we lived in Russia we acclimatized after a while. The coldest I've ever been in was -56F which was brutal. But after several days in -40 to -50 when it finally "warmed" up to -30 it actually felt great out! I remember spending about 3 hours outside that day.

If you stayed there long enough, you'd be amazed how soon you'd get used to it.
 
During my first winter in ND (back in 95) one day it was 65 below for the temperature and 103 below zero for the windchill. They closed the base down for the day. It was the coldest day yet and i hope I never see it again!
 
Once again I'm up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm about to depart to an even more remote and isolated location in order to lead a marriage retreat for these poor souls who are stationed here. I went out side to get in my car... -26. It sucked the air from my lungs. It was horrible. Horrible.

At least I know what it will feel like if the sun goes out.

Yeah, but with the heat index it is more like -24 :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top