Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripel

Puritan Board Senior
So who ya got?

I've been a Pats fan since the day Tom Brady (a Michigan man) got his chance to start in place of the injured Drew Bledsoe in 2001. I realize they are generally hated by most NFL fans, but that just makes it more fun.

But as much as I want to see them win, I think they'll lose (again) Sunday to the Giants. The Giants are just too good on both sides of the ball, while the Patriot defense is horrible. Eli will probably have a field day.

But I'm still excited about the game!

WCF VIII. This Sabbath is to be kept holy unto the Lord when men, after a due preparing of their hearts, and ordering of their common affairs beforehand, do not only observe an holy rest all the day from their own works, words, and thoughts about their worldly employments and recreations, but also are taken up the whole time in the public and private exercises of His worship, and in the duties of necessity and mercy.

I can not be excited about entertainment that blasphemes the Lord's day. Why do we as Reformed Christians continue to support the engagement in worldly employments and recreations on the Sabbath with our excitement and anticipation?

Here's what we're going to do this year. Rather than tempt anyone to violate God's law with over enthusiastic discussions of this upcoming desecration, or bring disrepute to sound doctrine, or discourage the people of God in any way from growth in grace, we are simply going to skip this kind of discussion this year. Discuss this some place that doesn't have Puritan in its name.:judge:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back