Thinking about Millennial views

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does "put all enemies under His feet" have to mean becoming christian via the gospel? Does "death" become subjected or is it destroyed, you see where I'm going with this?

I do see where you are going, and it is my firm belief that nothing but the personal appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ will bring perfect restoration and do away with the element of wickedness in creation. But in commissioning His servants to disciple all nations, King Jesus did not make any qualification with respect to His second coming, but promised that He would be with them to the end of the world. Hence, it should not be an issue as to what shall come to pass in the Father's good pleasure prior to the coming of Christ; the issue is, what ought the church to be striving towards with the gracious presence of Christ on her side.

Under much more than usual uncertainty during our present global decline, especially in the USA, I notice more and more preaching becoming more pessimistic amongst the amill's. I hope the above message is not becoming lost as we gaze into the clouds.
 
I wish I was confident about my eschatological views. I've read Riddlebarger's book on Amil and am listening to Bahnsen on Postmil. Amil has always made the most sense to me, but I want to be as faithful to the Bible as I can. So far Bahnsen has made some good points like Christ's expectations for his kingdom. Christ expects his enemies to be made his footstool and the nations to be brought to him. While I'm still withholding judgment, that does sound like more than a few converts here and there. Though however I end up, I still believe that the gospel will do what it is meant to do throughout the world. I would like postmil to be true as it would make for a better world to live in. But I also know that the church thrives under persecution. So I'm still on the fence. Sorry no great postmil insights to shock and amaze. :)

I read recently Dr GI Williamson, who authored The Westminster Confession of Faith for Study Classes said he would call himself either "an optimistic amillenialist or a non-utopian postmillinalist."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top