This is one of the most awful things I have ever read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
http://www.earthday.net/news/nelsonmsg.aspx

Equally critical is the failure of the President and Congress to confront the issue of population control, in our own rapidly growing country and the rest of the world.

A "Rockefeller Report" in 1972, issued by the President's commission on population growth, urged the U.S. to move vigorously to stabilize our population at about 200 million as rapidly as possible. Since then our population has ballooned to 282 million, and is expected to reach 500 million between 2060 and 2070. We are heading into a century in which we will double and triple our population in a short time.

World-wide population projections are equally chilling. A series of international conferences have called for bold action to control population growth.

The only thing I find chilling in this paper is the call "for bold action to control population growth." What like abortion? :mad:

hahahahahahahaha! Not happening here! I'm just creating my own form of retirement...so the gov doesn't have to do away with...er take care of me.;)

(#6 is due in November!)

It baseless propoganda. There is no population problem. Take a drive out west. The government pays farmers to not grow stuff because there isn't a demand for it.

I heard once that if you broke the world into households of 4 people each, place them on 1/4 acre of land for each household, you could fit the entire world population in the state of Texas.

This is nothing more than a propaganda tactic to scare people into more government control.

Give it another few more years and we will see the full effects of such a program in China. Already they are suffering the effects as all their boys have no girls to marry thanks to their one child policy.

They are also begging couples (in China) who have decided to remain childless to have one or two children. And here in the US there are already decreasing numbers of upcoming generations. This will actually become a problem not a solution.

I actually was talking with a schizophrenic Christian last night (one who names the name of Christ but operates on humanist presuppositions) and told her, given the culture of death and declining birth rates, if dedicated covenantal Christians decided to have kids and disciple them over severeal generations, we could very easily take over the world.

She then responded that she is scared of me, friend of hers though I might be.

Originally posted by Draught Horse
I actually was talking with a schizophrenic Christian last night (one who names the name of Christ but operates on humanist presuppositions) and told her, given the culture of death and declining birth rates, if dedicated covenantal Christians decided to have kids and disciple them over severeal generations, we could very easily take over the world.

She then responded that she is scared of me, friend of hers though I might be.

:lol:

When she told me that she was kinda scared that I said that, I responded,
"Yes, my people are a small, ragged group who could easily be destroyed by Humanists, but they fear us and rightly so."

You know what is humorous as well. Most of the population growth in the US is from conservatives because we are family focused. Liberals on the other hand being self focused tend to have less children.

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
hahahahahahahaha! Not happening here! I'm just creating my own form of retirement...so the gov doesn't have to do away with...er take care of me.;)

(#6 is due in November!)

I am so pleased and encouraged to hear these things. May the Lord bless you and your family!

As an aside, it seems that none of us here in my congregation are listening to the propaganda because the average size of a family is five children. One women will soon give birth to her tenth, and her parents have eleven!

I really think the Democrats may have lost the last 2 elections because they've aborted their voting bloc

It baseless propoganda.

Exactly, I heard the same thing growing up in second/third grade school (early 70s) about the "population explosion". I came home in a panic and asked mom and dad what this explosion was that was going to destroy the earth. They elated my fears and misconception.

I really think the Democrats may have lost the last 2 elections because they've aborted their voting bloc

Ironically, there is a study, can't recall right now, that is statistically showing this very reality. The further down the generation goes among pro abortionist the less and less their proponent's numbers are - because they basically are killing their off-spring to whom they would pass this awful ideal/philosophy to.

l

If all of the Reformed have 10+ kids, we will inherit the earth and breed out the nominal 'christians' in this country. Postmillennialism in action, baby!

*looks at Gabriel's new avatar*

Hey! That's not unleavened bread!

That looks like a dinner roll instead!

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by OS_X]

Maybe if you took the hat off you wouldn't scare her. I know I get scared looking at it. :bigsmile:

(As I go and put my beret on.)

Unfortunately the biggest promoters of rejection of birth control happen to be arminian...

But, hey...who are we to complain...if we could at least knock it down to where it's just us and them (ie no liberals)...then we might still get somewhere (especially considering that at least half of them are non-resistent and refuse to participate in ANY form of government ;) )

Is the world really overcrowed, or just poorly managed? I tend to believe the latter.

If all the world's roughly 6.5 billion people decided to go on vacation at the same time to the island of Zanzibar, they would all fit! Zanzibar is an island in the Indian Ocean just off the African coast of Tanzania (formerly known as the Spice Islands) which is 60 miles long and 20 miles wide, or about 650 square miles.

Originally posted by LadyFlynt

(#6 is due in November!)

#6??? And I thought I was environmentally irresponsible...er...blessed with 4! :lol:

environmentally irresponsible??? Hmmm....let's see we spend less, thus waste less, than most families with two kids. I nurse my babies, don't vaccinate, use a wipe off board for school instead of chalk, burn sootless candles, (am I a hippy?)

" It baseless propoganda. There is no population problem. Take a drive out west. The government pays farmers to not grow stuff because there isn't a demand for it."

But what about water sustainability? Isn't that the primary issue?

hey jacob....1.)i am scared of you too:D:D 2.) you're a goofball:banana:
let me know if you are ever in memphis sop we can have a brew.....
grace and peace,
jason

Originally posted by Formerly At Enmity
hey jacob....1.)i am scared of you too:D:D 2.) you're a goofball:banana:
let me know if you are ever in memphis sop we can have a brew.....
grace and peace,
jason

I would be honored. I hope next year to go to Memphis a few times. There are a few people in Tennessee that I want to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back