Thousand Island snack ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Died Blue

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I love thousand island dressing...of course, it started out as just a salad dressing, but then McDonalds took it to another level by putting it on a sandwich. I'd be interested to hear any other snacks and/or recipes people know of in which thousand island is good - or just ideas of where it might be.

P. S. I've heard from a friend that all it's really made of is basically ketchup and mayo, with some relish added. Is that true?
 
I haven't tried it yet, but I'm speculating that thousand island dressing would make a good marinade for steaks, mixed with Worcestshire sauce and maybe some orange juice.
 
Originally posted by joshua
OJ? Ack! :barfy:
Up until 2 years ago, that would have been my reaction too. Our neighbors invited us over for a barbecue and you'll never guess what those delicious steaks had been marinated over night in? - worcestershire sauce and orange juice. The main taste was the worcestershire sauce and the OJ acted as a tenderizer (I think).

Take that and mix in the thousand island dressing, and I'm guessing the flavor of the steaks would be kicked up a knotch or two.
 
What? Don't add the dressing to the [insert appropriate food here]? That's like saying not to add the dancing banana to a hilarious post! I think that with the steak et al sounds like a great idea...now if I only knew a place that did that! :candle:
 
Originally posted by Me Died Blue
I think that with the steak et al sounds like a great idea...now if I only knew a place that did that! :candle:
The waitress at every steak place I've ever been to always asks, "And how would you like that cooked?" Since she asked, just tell her "I'd like it cooked medium rare, marinated in thousand island dressing, worcestershire sauce...
 
Thousand Islands ...

You're making me all nostalgic for my carefree youth with many summers spent on the St. Lawrence River...what a beautiful location.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top