Dr. Alan Strange who is a PB member should know what their parameters were. I know in doing our church's small but full psalter, when I raised the issue of the 1912 Psalter's loose rules for translation (if not paraphrasing), we examined those choices and redid them with the goal of as few of words in English as needed without padding out with extra words. Unfortunately, we did not do that and simply trusted other Psalters from which we chose selections, which turn out had wide tolerence for adding words to fit the tune or whatever the reason. Now we are in a process of redoing those for a second edition, D.V. It is still sort of a personal project of the pastor and myself and whether it actually replaces the psalter now in use I don't know. It's not easy work and just because of the nature of translation there will always be some tough calls. But it really depends on what the goal of the drafters of a particular psalter are how close or loose the end result is as far as a translation.