Wanted to Share a Quote with You I am Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
I've been immersed in John Brinsley lately.

In a work I'm going through now called "Stand Still" I was particularly moved by this quote on Reformation:

In the fear of God, then let all of us be up and doing, doing what we may for the furtherance of this great work of reformation; everyone beginning at home, reforming our own hearts, lives, and families. Then do what we may for the reforming of others. First everyone in our places, private people in their places; all moving in their own spheres, none standing still, but all showing themselves active for God, and active for the good of Church and state.

Just sharing the need to continue the work of reformation in our own hearts, homes, families, work, town, city, state, country and world.

I really was hit by his point on "do what we may for the reforming of others..."

And that I need to be "up and doing." Up and doing for me. Up and doing for my family. Up and doing for others.

Thank you for sharing. I too was hit by his point on "do what we may for the reforming of others..."
Our "Non Public" school is called "Daily Reforming Gymnasium" & this whole quote fits in with our mission!

Awesome.

We are often thoughtful about ourselves. We are thoughtful about our family. But we are less likely to be thoughtful for the reforming of others.

Pray we do what we may...

Sometimes I feel like all I am doing is "reforming" people for a hell that will be more more tolerable if I were not helping them "reform".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back