Which confession do you subscribe to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind Andrew, I see now that that link is not really a comparrisson between the 1646 and 1789. It is comparisson betwen the 1646 and the OPC standard (which I guess is 1903).

Thanks for the clarification.

No problem! Yes, it is sometimes unhelpful to speak (as I and others sometimes do) of the 1789 WCF as being the one held to by the PCA or OPC, considering the fact that their WCF actually contains some 1903 revisions as well as others. Many who say they hold to the 1789 WCF, for example, do not hold that the Pope is Antichrist. So in the interests of "precisionism" it's good to clarify.

BTW, the subject of the 1903 revisions came up recently as noted here.

Nevermind Andrew, I see now that that link is not really a comparrisson between the 1646 and 1789. It is comparisson betwen the 1646 and the OPC standard (which I guess is 1903).

Thanks for the clarification.

Actually the OPC rejected the 1903 revisions, except for 2 points.

From a link provided a couple of posts back:

The OPC did not adopt the revisions to the Confession made by the PCUSA in 1903 [...], except for omissions in chapters 22 (about refusing a lawful oath) and 25 (about the pope being the Antichrist).

That was actually one of several issues that resulted in the split with Carl McIntire and the Bible Presbyterians. McIntire wanted the entire 1903 revisions. See this article.

From my bio:

Confessionally Speaking: I assent to the 1729 Goat Yard Declaration of Faith and I agree with the doctrine contained in the Gospel Standard Articles of Faith. I like the Three Forms of Unity and the Westminster Standards as well as the London Baptist Confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back