How High is Your Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why commodities differ so much

Gas is a commodity right? Gas is Gas - Milk is milk - etc.

The cost of gas should be the same everywhere in the states except for taxes and maybe transportation costs. why the big difference?
 
[quote:47b91f4b37][i:47b91f4b37]Originally posted by staythecourse[/i:47b91f4b37]
Gas is a commodity right? Gas is Gas - Milk is milk - etc.

The cost of gas should be the same everywhere in the states except for taxes and maybe transportation costs. why the big difference? [/quote:47b91f4b37]
Blade mentioned the different companies. Taxes and regulations are big factors. Some states require certain additives to their gas which ups the price (i.e. California). Another factor is how the gas gets to that state. Is there a pipline nearby? How far do the trucks have to drive to deliver the gas? etc.
 
$1.92

Wow, I never dreamed that I would think that $1.92 was cheap gas!

Hey Patrick....

I can't help but notice that your gas prices there on the North side are always between 4 and 7 cents cheaper than the best that I can find in the SouthWest suburbs.

What type of a station do you find that at? The cheapest deal in my area is at the Meijer,

[Edited on 6-26-2004 by Dan....]
 
I saw that one I saw at Mobil down the street. Our Navy gas station on base is usually a couple cents cheaper than that. I'm not sure why it's cheaper though.
 
I filled up for $1.88 a few days ago...there was a gas station with gas for $1.75 I considered waiting in line for almost 3 sec when I realized it was a 20 min wait at least...I have a 15 gal tank...wait 20 min and save...lets see $1.95

It's funny what people will do to save money on little things yet not on BIG things!

I remember when in college my sophomore year (4 years ago) gas was 99 cents per gallon! Those were the days :lol:
 
Yes Nathan....99 cents.

I could sit in my rocker all afternoon and reminisce over the "good ole days" :D
 
$1.77 in N. Atlanta

It is currently $1.77 north of Atlanta but crude prices are up today and will cause the price to go [b:b433e651c9]up[/b:b433e651c9].
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top