Psalm 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

cih1355

Puritan Board Junior
According to Psalm 14:2-3, God looks down from heaven upon the children of men and sees that no one is good. Psalm 14:4 talks about the workers of iniquity who eat up God's people as they eat bread. Also, these workers of iniquity do not call upon the Lord. Is Psalm 14:2-3 talking about all people or is it referring to the workers of iniquity who are mentioned in verse 4? The reason why I ask this question is because I when I witness to Catholics, I prove that man is not good by showing them Psalm 14, which is what Paul quotes in the book of Romans. Catholics respond by saying that Psalm 14:2-3 is not talking about all people; It is talking about the workers of iniquity who are mentioned in verse 4 and the workers of iniquity are not everyone because verse 4 makes a distinction between the workers of iniquity and God's people.

Jesus said that no one is good but God (Matt 19:17), so we can see that Psalm 14 reinforces the fact that all men are by nature "not good."

Phillip

As Phillip has said, Christ defines what "good" actually means. It is contrasted with Gods perfection. That is our plumb line to work from........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back