What Denomination are you a Member of?

What Denomination are you a Member of?

  • Christian Reformed Church

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Free Reformed Church of North America

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Reformed Church in America

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reformed Church in Canada (RCA)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reformed Church in the United States

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • United Reformed Churches in North America

    Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Free Reformed Churches of Australia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reformed Churches of Australia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reformed Churches of New Zealand

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church

    Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Bible Presbyterian Church

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evangelical Presbyterian Church

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Free Presbyterian Church

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orthodox Presbyterian Church

    Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Presbyterian Church in America

    Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Presbyterian Church (USA)

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Presbyterian Reformed Church

    Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Reformed Presbyterian Church, General Assembly

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The Cumberland Presbyterian Church

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reformation Presbyterian Churches

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Other (Please List)

    Votes: 24 20.5%

  • Total voters
    117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anglican

Anglican here. Specifically Original Province of the Anglican Catholic Church. For a while I was part an Anglican Mission in America church plant in Lansing. It move in a pentacostal direction sow I went back to fellowshipping with high churchmen.
 
Denomination? That there's a cuss-word in independent fundamental babdist churches, sir!

But seriously, all three churches to which I have belonged have been COMPLETELY independent, no denoms, associations or ties whatsoever.

JH
 
Denomination? That there's a cuss-word in independent fundamental babdist churches, sir!

But seriously, all three churches to which I have belonged have been COMPLETELY independent, no denoms, associations or ties whatsoever.

JH

Did the churches you belonged to do anything with other churches? You were a member of Met Tab, right?

Truth be known, there is precious little done with other churches in our local association. We trying to find ways we might help one another, but there really isn't much going on right now. I would guess that there are only three, maybe four events that are shared in our local association, mostly centered around worship, fellowship and eating.
 
Cesa

"Church of England" South Africa

We are not actually affiliated with the Church of England, but are more evangelical and calvinistic in doctrine.
 
Did the churches you belonged to do anything with other churches? You were a member of Met Tab, right?

.


Right. The Met Tab didn't 'do things' with other churches per se, but of course the Seminary and Annual Conference bring folk together under the Tabernacle's roof from a wide number of churches.

Here in Cheltenham, both my churches have had occasional 'joint' services with other 'reformed' churches on occasions such as christmas day or good friday. My current church also hosts a bi-monthly rally for local churches where we get in a visiting preacher on a friday night and fellowship together.

But all three churches have been truly independent - there is no local 'association' although I could of course name the churches we are 'closest' to.

JH
 
Right. The Met Tab didn't 'do things' with other churches per se, but of course the Seminary and Annual Conference bring folk together under the Tabernacle's roof from a wide number of churches.

Here in Cheltenham, both my churches have had occasional 'joint' services with other 'reformed' churches on occasions such as christmas day or good friday. My current church also hosts a bi-monthly rally for local churches where we get in a visiting preacher on a friday night and fellowship together.

But all three churches have been truly independent - there is no local 'association' although I could of course name the churches we are 'closest' to.

JH

Thanks for the information, Jonathan. I don't know what your experience has been with Southern Baptist churches...none maybe. The notion of a local association is, I think, a misnomer. There is little actual association here. I find my experience to be similar to you and your churches. The church I am pastor now is very independent.
 
Thanks for the information, Jonathan. I don't know what your experience has been with Southern Baptist churches...none maybe. The notion of a local association is, I think, a misnomer. There is little actual association here. I find my experience to be similar to you and your churches. The church I am pastor now is very independent.

It seems to me that only the centrally-located churches within a local association have a lot to do with each other. The satellite churches on the edges of the county usually just do their own things.
 
It seems to me that only the centrally-located churches within a local association have a lot to do with each other. The satellite churches on the edges of the county usually just do their own things.

Good observation, Chris. I think you're right. Of course, we have only eight churches in our association, which is difficult to get use to. They were without DOM for a long time too. Hence, even less cooperation.

My church is certainly a satellite church. I've only been the pastor of one church that was centrally-located and I ended up being the moderator of that association! :lol:
 
Error

I voted.

Now it looks as if I could (I won't) vote again. I no longer see the results - it looks the same as it does before you vote.

Anybody else seeing that view? What happened?
 
I voted.

Now it looks as if I could (I won't) vote again. I no longer see the results - it looks the same as it does before you vote.

Anybody else seeing that view? What happened?
Ya know......I can't tell much a difference now that you mention it...................some fell plot!:detective:
 
Reformed Presbyterian Church of Australia (links to RPCNA and Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Cyprus et al)
 
Yeah, I knew that, I used to be a member of that denomination.

But I didn't know there were any on the board.

And I went to Trinity. Their seminary is heading more liberal however...in my opinion, others would disagree.

Why do you think so ?

I mean, we've got all those nice, solid 'Van' people teaching up there.... (VanGemeren, VanHoozer), D.A. Carson and a few others......

Just curious. Not trying to debate you on it. Maybe you know something i don't. When'd you leave the denom ?

Oh, and have you noticed the big 'fuss' over revamping the doctrinal statement so we can include amill folk ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top