Boston: The Best Rock Band Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastor Steve, you are obviously a man of great perspicacity. I'm not a wide eyed, gushing Led Zeppelin fan (I'm a prog rock fan - DreamTheater is da' bomb) but over all Led Zeppelin has had the biggest and most enduring effect on rock and roll. The Beatles would be right in there, it's just that I wouldn't call them rock and roll in the edgy sense.

Very rarely do I meet fellow "Prog Rock" fans who actually know that there is such a term. That's my favorite music 90% of the time. I like many aspects of it. But I particularly love the strangeness of it. Yes, I'm strange. :lol:
Oh yes... almost forgot... we were talking about Boston. Love em' Own every song they ever did. Even the later albums that everybody loves to hate.

Gentle Giant? I didn't know anybody else knew them. Two thumbs up.

How 'bout this Tim? It's not Gentle Giant but along the same lines.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkisNZH77Y&feature=related]YouTube - In the court of the crimson king[/ame]

If you can get ANYTHING ....ANALOGUE...of Boston, get it and cherish it...DIGITAL is no way to listen to them.

And I believe they were the best...Sound wise and Lyrically...Brad, wrote the lyrics and was amazing...too bad he killed himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back