NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't been done in 30 years since the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. WE ARE FAMILY! Good to see the Stanley Cup back in the Burgh!

What hasn't been done in 30 years?

Edit: okay, game 7 road win...

it's also been 30 years since Pittsburgh had 2 simultaneous reigning champions.

In hockey, a game 7 Stanley Cup hasn't been won by the visitors since 1971 (Montreal beat Chicago). (and the only other time the home team
lost game 7 in the championship series was in 1945... and it was Detroit then, too) :)

I really think it is sabotage. I don't get how they can be so blatant, or who is paying them, but I honestly think something illegal is happening.

I wish Mark Cuban would just buy the Pirates!

Do not read too much propaganda. This has nothing to do with money. Don't listen to people who bash Nutting all the time. He has only been the principle owner since 2007.

I actually haven't read any propaganda! I guess Pittsburghers just naturally like to feel like sports victims/underdogs, what have you! I made that assessment on my own, since nobody here in VA cares about baseball.

But I really think Cuban could and would create a fantastic team.

Speaking of sports victims/underdogs...the Pens are being DESTROYED:(

What will be y'all's opinion of ownership if they trade Sanchez on July 31?

Apparently Sanchez declined the low-ball offer. He could be gone soon.

Pittsburgh: Late last week, the Pirates extended contract offers to Freddy Sanchez (two years, $10 million) and Jack Wilson (two years, $8 million) with the intention of taking them off the trading block if each accepted. However, both have rejected their individual offers and neither has presented the Pirates with a counteroffer. Pirates GM Neal Huntington sees the absence of a counteroffer as a sign that neither of the two middle infielders want to return. If dialogue doesn't reopen between the various sides, he plans on listening to offers from clubs interested in acquiring either player by the Trade Deadline. MLB.com

A lot of teams would be interested in an 'any position' infielder who is capable of driving in 80+ per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back