NHL playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the game last night (consistory meeting) but it sounded as if Anaheim got thrashed.

I am happy about the outcome but surprised at the result.

Eastern Conference

Buffalo vs. Ottawa

O T T A W A ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Sorry Jason, Canada comes out above Buffalo :;)
Well, when the only dividing line between Buffalo and Canada is the Niagara River, that's bound to happen.

BTW, congrats. Now you just have to wait to see who Ottawa visits in the Cup finals

I didn't want to rub it in Jason but I am celebrating Ottawa's win now that you have admitted defeat!

:cheers:

The Stanley Cup Playoffs

Anaheim vs. Ottawa

I am rooting for Ottawa. I think it would be great if the cup ended up back in Canada (after a 15 year drought) and especially in Ottawa (no Stanley Cup win since 1926).

The fun starts on Monday!

This is not a bandwagon post, as I would never do this for Toronto or Calgary, and I have always liked the Senators (what would we call them if the NDP got their way and did away with the Senate?)

OTTAWA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!! DESTROY THOSE PRONGER LOVING DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING LORD STANLEY'S CUP BACK TO THE LAND OF THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AABR031Ottawa-Senators-Team-Logo-Ph.jpg

P.S.
The Edmonton Oilers are still better though :cheers:

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Blah, blah, blah.

On a more serious note: are you an actual NHL fan? I lived in SOCAL for three years and never met an NHL fan that was from California.

None of us in So Cal probably measure up to your standards of 'fandom'. In fact, I will shut up now for fear of you coming through my monitor and high sticking me. :D

When I first visited SoCal (right before I moved there, about 14 years ago) the LA Kings were in the playoffs, they were on TV in a bar in Manhattan Beach. People didn't know when to cheer.

Congratulations to the Ducks!

Sorry Canada....

:confused:

Ottawa was in no way 'Canada's team'. I really wanted Anaheim to win, partially because these guys:

Chris Pronger
Scott Niedermayer
JS Giguere
Rob Niedermayer
Ryan Getzlaf
Andy McDonald
Travis Moen
Francois Beauchemin
Corey Perry
Sean O'Donnell

are all from Canada. Go Canada, I mean, Ducks! ;)

Maybe Canada should ask itself why these Canadians go to warm weather cities to play...

Ken:

Your Ducks played well. They deserved the win... :(

They are not my Ducks they are Canada's Ducks! (That seems to be the argument) Is there an NHL team that does not have a Canadian majority?

They are not my Ducks they are Canada's Ducks! (That seems to be the argument) Is there an NHL team that does not have a Canadian majority?

No, they are Disney's Ducks! :)

I don't know; good question though.

Man, and I was holding out hope that the Washington Caps would pull off a late upset. Oh, well. There's always next year..and the year after that..and the year after that.

:banghead::banghead:

Who will win a championship first?

The Capitols
The Redskins
The Nationals
The Wizards?

No, they are Disney's Ducks! :)

Not anymore (since 2005) - that's why they're now the Anaheim Ducks and not the Mighty Ducks.

They played an excellent series (saw game 1 against Detroit) - was much more impressed with them than I expected to be.

While I'm not particularly tied to either team, I have to admit, I was really happy to see Teemu Selanne raise the Stanley Cup. While his career isn't as long, it was reminiscent of Steve Yzerman in 1997 or Ray Bourque in 2001.

I wonder how long until the Sens move south...

How about the Seattle Senators!

The Columbus Canucks!

The Memphis Maple Leafs!

Players go south because Canada only has 6 teams :p When half the NHL is Canadian, where else do you go?

Thankfully the Oilers will probably never leave Edmonton as the Oilers are owned by about 34 people!

Some guy offered to buy the Oilers a few weeks ago and got shot down. He was even offering well over the market price and promised to keep the team in Edmonton. The owners weren't interested.

The paper today was heartbreaking. It had a picture of Chris Pronger holding the Stanley Cup with the headline: "What Edmonton hoped to see...last year".

Maybe the Toronto Blue Jays will win the world series 5 years in the row as revenge, or maybe the Raptors will win that Larry O'Brien NBA Championship Trophy or whatever it's called.

Players go south because Canada only has 6 teams :p When half the NHL is Canadian, where else do you go?

Thankfully the Oilers will probably never leave Edmonton as the Oilers are owned by about 34 people!

Some guy offered to buy the Oilers a few weeks ago and got shot down. He was even offering well over the market price and promised to keep the team in Edmonton. The owners weren't interested.

The paper today was heartbreaking. It had a picture of Chris Pronger holding the Stanley Cup with the headline: "What Edmonton hoped to see...last year".

Maybe the Toronto Blue Jays will win the world series 5 years in the row as revenge, or maybe the Raptors will win that Larry O'Brien NBA Championship Trophy or whatever it's called.

Cheer Up! O'Donnell said that he was going to take the Cup to Ottawa for his 24 hours! At least it well be there for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back