NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong words call for strong measures.
I see by Google that Kwanglim Korean Methodist Church is in Surrey BC and that you are the English Youth Pastor. Shall I let your church officials or your youth group know about your heterodox stand? :D

Actually, I am now the English Pastor of both the adults and the youth (my co-pastor resigned several months ago). I also have a beard now unlike that photo :p

And my church is WELL AWARE of my "heterodox" stands :p I make sure everyone knows the Edmonton Oilers are superior any chance I get.

The other day I told the youth about how my upstairs neighbours always like making it known when Vancouver scores a goal. I then commented how during the last game I made it well known whenever Chicago scored a goal :D

Go Ducks!!! :D

I think the Ducks might have broken the backs of the Red Wings with that OT win. Quack, Quack!

It ain't over till it's over. As I said above, I don't really expect the Wings to repeat their totally awesome Stanley Cup victory of last year.

We shall see, won't we?

:)

Margaret

My comment was partially in jest. I don't the Red Wings are ever 'broken'. C'mon, they're the Red Wings.

Last edited:
Go Ducks!!! :D

I think the Ducks might have broken the backs of the Red Wings with that OT win. Quack, Quack!

The Ducks have bested Detroit in the playoffs twice in recent memory (including a sweep). I think they'll beat them again this time.

Ducks in 6.

. . .and the winner of this series probably wins the Cup, in my opinion.

The Ducks have bested Detroit in the playoffs twice in recent memory (including a sweep). I think they'll beat them again this time.

Ducks in 6.

Has an 8 seed ever won the cup?

The Edmonton Oilers, being the 16th seed (or 8th seed in the West) made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final in 2006. However, they lost the game to the Carolina Hurricanes. That's the closest an 8th (16th) seed has ever made it to the Cup.

I still hurt from that loss!!

Ducks in 6.

Has an 8 seed ever won the cup?

At least one 8-seed has made it to the Finals recently (Edmonton), but they lost in the Finals.

When the Ducks made it to the Finals in 2003 they were a very low seed, but I forget if they were a 7 or 8 seed.

These Ducks are the best 8-seed we've ever seen. Probably should not be considered such.

Go Ducks!!!

3 Game #7's in this round! Pretty cool. :)

Very very cool. What's even better is 3 game #7's in this round AND the Blackhawks destroying the Canucks :D

You live in Vancouver, but hate the Canucks?

Question: If Luongo is supposed to be Super-Goalie . . .7 goals in an elimination game??? Yikes!

-----Added 5/13/2009 at 05:19:35 EST-----

As exciting as the Ducks and Red Wings are, nothing beats Crosby vs. Ovechkin.

You live in Reading? I'm originally from Palmyra (near Hershey). :)

Flyers fan for sure, but I like the Ducks, seeing that I've lived out here for over 20 years.

OV vs. Sid in game #7 should be a great show.

I think the winner of that game will play the winner of the Ducks/Red Wings game #7 for the Cup in the Finals.

Wouldn't shock me if both road teams win.

We are "getting our money's worth," are we not?! ;)

Tomorrow night will be a lot of fun. Wish I had tickets.

Still and all, it all pales in comparison to that fantastic night in 1968, when the Tigers won the World Series. I will never forget being in downtown Detroit, at Kennedy Square, shaking hands with and hugging people of all races - surrounded by the burned-out hulks of buildings that had been trashed in the riot the previous year. All of a sudden, that didn't matter - because our "Tigs" had won. It was magical.

Everything since then is just kind of anti-climactic. But I was a teen then & had never seen anything like it. No one had.

While I still can, I thought I'd put this little tidbit on here:

[video=youtube;KdFjpA4XyME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFjpA4XyME[/video]

I always liked Sammy Davis, Jr.; I consider him one of the top 5 male pop singers of the 20th century. But this song is postively insufferable, even to me. It makes a really fine emetic. (Hang onto it for the next time you've ingested some bad calamari... :lol: )

Margaret

How about Boston and Detroit in the Finals?,That would be enjoyable

[video=youtube;48Bdie7q3LU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Bdie7q3LU&feature=related[/video]

-----Added 5/13/2009 at 08:07:52 EST-----

I couldnt find any decent Boston vs Detroit video,all that is available the Kocur/Probert-Miller/Byers/Neely fights and that would not be edifying so here's to a 2009 Stanley Cup final that just great hockey!-Go Bruins!:applause:

Looks like the Penguins are not dead yet. Perhaps if they could call Jagr out of retirement they might have a chance. (I bet he can still skate)

Well Jagr is not really "retired". He is playing in the Kontinental Hockey League in Russia.

This series hinges on who loses at home first.

And please, please let it be Detroit! I know they need it more than Pittsburgh does, but they are always going to need it. It can't become Red Wings Cup.

Plus, Steelers/Pens/Pirates all in one year.

(OK...maybe not Pirates)

If the Pirates really wanted to compete they wouldn't trade away players like Jason Bay. Who did they get for him anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back