What is your ringback tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
If you have a ringback tune on your cellphone, what is it? I'm refering to your default that the average person would hear.

I have several ringback tunes, but my default - the one most people hear - is Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down." Amazingly it has served as a conversation starter on multiple occasions. :lol:
 
Right now it is 'The Man Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn'. That is, when I turn the feature on, which is rare.
 
A fistful of dollars for voice and a cockerel for texts. How sad is it that I often find myself whistling my own mobile ringtone.
 
It's Sweet are the Seasons

Sweet are the seasons when we wait
To hear what God our Lord will say ;
For they who watch at wisdom's gate
Are never empty sent away.

Behold us, Lord, a few of thine,
Who hither come to seek thy face;
In mercy on thy people shine,
And let thy presence fill the place.

How sweet, how blessed is the thought
That them dost hear thy people's cries!
And whether thou dost give or not,
'Tis love that grants, and love denies.

O teach us, Lord, to wait thy will,
To be content with all thou dost;
For us thy grace sufficient still,
With most supplied when needing most.

Till life shall end, thus let it be,
And, O sustain us in that hour;
That conflict past, we hope to see
The Saviour whom we here adore.

Yes, Lord, we hope to take our part
With yonder host, through trouble brought:
We hope to see thee as thou art,
And then to praise thee as we ought.

Well it cuts off before the end, but still.. :)
 
What's a ringback tune?

You know how sometimes when you call someone and you're waiting for them to answer you hear music playing in your ear? That is a ringback tone. Verizon introduces it with a female voice saying, "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached..." and then it starts playing the song. Like I mentioned in the OP, if you were to call me you'd be treated to Johnny Cash singing "God's Gonna Cut You Down."
 
Ivan, I just about guarantee you don't. I don't think I've ever called anyone who did, partly because you'd have to download/pay for it, yet the phone's owner never hears it. Most of us might be willing to do that for our ringtone (what we hear when someone calls us before we answer), but not for what the caller will hear instead of the traditional sound we grew up hearing. Purely my opinion....
 
Ivan, I just about guarantee you don't. I don't think I've ever called anyone who did, partly because you'd have to download/pay for it, yet the phone's owner never hears it. Most of us might be willing to do that for our ringtone (what we hear when someone calls us before we answer), but not for what the caller will hear instead of the traditional sound we grew up hearing. Purely my opinion....

If I have to PAY for it, I'm NOT going to do it!
 
Ivan, I just about guarantee you don't. I don't think I've ever called anyone who did, partly because you'd have to download/pay for it, yet the phone's owner never hears it. Most of us might be willing to do that for our ringtone (what we hear when someone calls us before we answer), but not for what the caller will hear instead of the traditional sound we grew up hearing. Purely my opinion....

If I have to PAY for it, I'm NOT going to do it!

I pay $1.99 per ringtone per year. A meager $2 is worth the enjoyment of knowing that I'm subjecting them to such a great song that totally deflates the ego of young Soldiers.
I'll go out on a limb and say this - if ANYONE's financial state hinges on a lousy $2 a year.. they've got big big problems.
 
Ivan, I just about guarantee you don't. I don't think I've ever called anyone who did, partly because you'd have to download/pay for it, yet the phone's owner never hears it. Most of us might be willing to do that for our ringtone (what we hear when someone calls us before we answer), but not for what the caller will hear instead of the traditional sound we grew up hearing. Purely my opinion....

If I have to PAY for it, I'm NOT going to do it!

I pay $1.99 per ringtone per year. A meager $2 is worth the enjoyment of knowing that I'm subjecting them to such a great song that totally deflates the ego of young Soldiers.
I'll go out on a limb and say this - if ANYONE's financial state hinges on a lousy $2 a year.. they've got big big problems.

True, but just not something I've ever thought about paying for. I even usually resist paying for the ringtone--yesterday was the first time for this phone, which I've had since '08....I just used one of the many it came with until it got obnoxious. I bet you get more calls than I do, too! :)
 
If I have to PAY for it, I'm NOT going to do it!

I pay $1.99 per ringtone per year. A meager $2 is worth the enjoyment of knowing that I'm subjecting them to such a great song that totally deflates the ego of young Soldiers.
I'll go out on a limb and say this - if ANYONE's financial state hinges on a lousy $2 a year.. they've got big big problems.

True, but just not something I've ever thought about paying for. I even usually resist paying for the ringtone--yesterday was the first time for this phone, which I've had since '08....I just used one of the many it came with until it got obnoxious. I bet you get more calls than I do, too! :)

I wouldn't even pay $1.99. It sounds like just another waste of money, but whatever floats your boat.
 
I'm with Pastor Ivan, I'm not paying for anything I don't have to. My cell phone is a utilitarian device. I know that for some folks it is some sort of life style statement (I'm not saying that is true of anyone here, btw). I'm just happy when it rings when it's supposed to and that I have reception when I need to use it. I want it to be useful. :2cents:
 
That is a great song, Ben, and as you pointed out, a great conversation starter for the chaplain!

I may have to parrot you on that one, if you don't mind.



Btw, I like the new avatar - wearing the new blues I take it?
 
I don't pay for mine to do that. My phone is a lot more than a phone, but I rarely use all of its functions. It is a dinosaur now. But, it works. That is all I need. I do however use various ringtones to denote who is calling. That way I can simply reach down and shut the thing off when it rings if it is not my wife or daughter.

Frankly, I really am not a fan of always being connected electronically. Or, even being connected most of the time. People have become very rude if they can't reach you whenever they so desire. I remember when we had a party line telephone and people just called back or saw you in town or at church if they couldn't reach you. I sort of miss that. . .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top