What Are You Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Edward's Freedom of the Will
Samuel Miller's Life of Jonathan Edwards
and proofreading David Calderwood's Perth Assembly

I just started Danny Hyde's Jesus Loves the Little Children. After that, I'll most likely read these:

The Lord's Supper by Robert Letham
Called to the Ministry by Ed Clowney
The Valley of Vision

I just started Danny Hyde's Jesus Loves the Little Children. After that, I'll most likely read these:

The Lord's Supper by Robert Letham
Called to the Ministry by Ed Clowney
The Valley of Vision

I have The Valley of Vision laying around somewhere.I`ll have to find it!

Well, I am a VERY Slow and deliberate reader. I have been reading it for over a month now, re-reading portions. It is so different than ANYTHING I have ever read, so deep, spiritually thoughtful. I am loving every minute of it.

I have Owen's The Death of Death in the Death of Christ. These 2 Puritan's a VERY Different. Watson is thoroughly readable. Owens is very tough, but equally deep, but deeper in a more scholarly way. I have a Condensed version of Calvin's Institutes and just purchased his Commentaries this past Summer. Excellent resources ! :up:

That book changed my life. I'd never read any puritans, and was just treading water in my walk with God.

I was given a copy by my mum, and read it in 2 days. Absolutely fantastic.

Slowly making my way through:

Death of death in the death of Christ - John Owen
Calvin's Institutes

Well, I am a VERY Slow and deliberate reader. I have been reading it for over a month now, re-reading portions. It is so different than ANYTHING I have ever read, so deep, spiritually thoughtful. I am loving every minute of it.
Absolutely. I missed so much in my reading, and was so hyped up by it I lent it to an unreliable friend, who hasn't returned it in a year and a half! I will get it back.... somehow... some day...

I have Owen's The Death of Death in the Death of Christ. These 2 Puritan's a VERY Different. Watson is thoroughly readable. Owens is very tough, but equally deep, but deeper in a more scholarly way. I have a Condensed version of Calvin's Institutes and just purchased his Commentaries this past Summer. Excellent resources ! :up:
Reading Owen is comparable to wading through chocolate sauce. Thick, heavy, and satisfying. I've had to do the Packer thing and write out the arguments as they form, otherwise I get lost.

OKay, this might be a little differnet list, but bear with me:

--Pickthall's translation fo the Koran, "The Meaning of the Glorious Qur'an"

Will be my 8th time through the Koran.

I hope you take no offense at the question - none is intended - but may I ask why you would go so many times through a blasphemous pagan document?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back