Your Desert Island Bible?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured you probably knew that, Mr. McFadden. I'm glad to say that the 1960 still seems to be the top Bible in Mexico, at any rate.

:think: If you won't let me make the case that "the entire Bible is found in the 6 volumes of Matthew Henry's Commentary (so, I therefore should like to take that!)" :p -- .[/U]:D

That is brilliant! I'd agree to take that.
But no one could pry my new 1599 Geneva out of my hands! Why? "Cos I could start a new Reformation on the Island...plus the Morning and Evening prayers at the back of it are quite useful and humbling...plus I could think I'm:cool: to no one else but myself, which is the case now anyway.

:think: If you won't let me make the case that "the entire Bible is found in the 6 volumes of Matthew Henry's Commentary (so, I therefore should like to take that!)" :p -- .[/U]:D

That is brilliant!...

thanks.gif

it would have to be an Allan's edition ESV with yapp edges to prevent sand from getting in the pages :p

It would be just an RL Allan's ESV with the references. I would spend most of the first year on intense memorization and various reading plans...

At the end of the first year I would most likely start hallucinating and pull a "Tom Hanks" and start calling the bible "Allan"...

it would have to be an Allan's edition ESV with yapp edges to prevent sand from getting in the pages :p

It would be just an RL Allan's ESV with the references. I would spend most of the first year on intense memorization and various reading plans...

At the end of the first year I would most likely start hallucinating and pull a "Tom Hanks" and start calling the bible "Allan"...

:lol: Good one.

It depends on if there are natives on the island or not.

1. If there are natives on the island, I will want share the Gospel to them, start a church, and preach and teach to them the Gospel. In this case, my translation pick for preaching is the ESV.

However, if there are no natives on the island, and I'm all alone, then I will want my NASB because I use that for personal meditation and studies.

the ESV personal sized black leather bound bible. I just got it for personal daily and devotional reading where I can fit it in my coat pocket. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back